Volunteer Co-ordinator (volunteer!*)
*Please note this is not a paid position but a voluntary one.
The team at CWT are looking to bring someone on board to oversee our volunteer base.
We currently rely upon the support of our “Crown Wharfers” at local events and to support our fundraising efforts. Moving forwards we will be calling on them to help run all sides of the theatre from Box Office to Front of House, Technical to Cinema and would like to bring on someone to lead the way.
Here’s an idea of what you’ll be doing…
- Acting as the first point of contact to all volunteers.
- Processing volunteer applications and keeping the volunteers spreadsheet up to date.
- Leading the on boarding of all new volunteers.
- Scheduling/creating rotas volunteers for events and other duties as required.
- Requesting, collating & sending any relevant information to volunteers ahead of shifts, ensuring they have everything they need.
- Communicating and liaising with the charity trustees on all things volunteers.
- Supporting the trustees in the creation and implementation of volunteer policies.
- Organising any required training and keeping on top of renewals as applicable.
- Proactively working to increase our volunteer base.
- Ensuring our volunteers are informed, well supported and have an enjoyable time!
N.B. As we get closer to opening the theatre, we will support the volunteer coordinator by providing relevant training and arranging visits to similar facilities in the Midlands area.
Does this sound like you?
You might have had previous experience of coordinating a team of volunteers or you might be looking to get more experience as part of your own career development.
- A people person!
- Enthusiastic about the arts and CWT in particular!
- Volunteering experience.
- Confident with Microsoft Office
Hours variable, dependent upon our programme of events. Would need to be able to keep on top of weekly emails and have good availability across evenings and weekends to meet with volunteers as and when required. Schedule to be dictated by you! You may also occasionally be required to attend a trustee meeting which usually take place on a Sunday morning.
How to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Volunteer Coordinator Application” and include the following:
Based upon your skills and experience to date what makes you the right person for the job (300 words max):
Why would you like to be the CWT Volunteer Co-ordinator (200 words):
Closing date: 30th November 2021
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an informal interview.